Air Force Space and Missile Museum
Home > Missile Test Sites > Cape Canaveral Air Force Station >

Original Cape Canaveral Lighthouse Site

Foundation for Cape Canaveral Lighthouse in its original location

The lighthouse is the oldest standing structure on the Cape. Originally built in 1868 to replace a much shorter brick lighthouse, it was moved to its present location and put back into service in 1894. The original lighthouse foundation at the first site remains near Launch Complex 46.

Additional information about the lighthouse and can be found at the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse Foundation web site.