Missile Test Sites >
Vandenberg Air Force Base >
Launch Complex 4300 C-6
Also Known As: None
- Scout Scramjet
- Blue Scout Jr.
Other Programs: None
Cost: Not stated
Launch Complex Highlights
- Built for the U.S. Air Force in 1963 as a Blue Scout
Jr. launch facility
- Located directly northeast of SLC-10 and consists of
a single missile launch shelter
- Building is constructed of poured reinforced
concrete foundation with steel panel walls bolted to a
steel frame and a medium pitched gable roof
- Two doors on the roof of the shelter open to allow a
probe launch from a retractable launcher
- 17 December 1963 - Single launch of Blue Scout Jr.
with a space probe. Launch was performed by a Strategic
Air Command (SAC) crew.
- 11 January 1967 - Single launch of Scout Scramjet
consisting of a Scout first stage and Scramjet upper
stage. Launch was performed by an Air Force Systems
Command (AFSC) crew.
- Only two launches were made from this complex
- Site has been decommissioned and equipment removed